Questions and Answers
- "Where can I pitch my Tent?"
We do not offer fixed pitches, instead we offer the ability to pitch where you like. Prime locations or pitches cannot be reserved and are only on a first come first basis.
- "Can we book a hard standing?"
We have a limited amount of hard standing which are available on request, subject to availability.
- "How much are shower tokens?"
Showers are token operated and tokens can be purchased from reception for 50p per token. Showers last 4 minutes per token. We advise you to purchase tokens on arrival to save any unnecessary queuing.
- "Do you allow dogs?"
Woof!! Woof!! Yes dogs are welcome at Woodyhyde with the exception of field 3 which is a no dogs field. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
- "Do you accept Caravan’s?"
We accept tents, trailer tents, camper vans or motor homes but do not allow Caravans.
- "Where can we purchase tickets for the Steam train?"
Train Tickets can be purchased directly from the onsite shop at a discounted rate. Alternatively tickets can be purchased directly from Swanage Railway
- "Can we just turn up without booking?"
We recommend that you make all bookings online via our website to avoid any disappointment. Bookings can be taken from the site but this is subject to availability.
- "What time can we arrive / depart?"
Arrival times are between 11am and departure before midday. If you wish to arrive earlier or leave later please speak to site reception.
- "What is the Latest we can arrive?"
We do not have a set time but it is advised if you expect to arrive late evening please call the campsite to make them aware.
- "Are you allowed BBQ’s and open fires?"
Yes, BBQ’s are encouraged! However, we do not allow open fires.
- "Can we extend our stay if the weather is good?"
Yes, please pop into the shop and inform reception who will be happy to help!
- "If the weather is bad can we leave early and get a refund?"
This depends on the situation but in most cases, we are happy to offer a credit note which can be redeemed against future visits.
- "We have large tent, will that make a difference in price?"
No, prices are charged per person per night and we also do not charge for extra cars or boats.
- "We have a large camper van what is the height of the railway bridge to the entrance?"
The railway bridge is 10.5 feet high by 9 feet wide.
- "How far are you from Swanage and the beach?"
Swanage beach is a 10 minute drive. Turn right on to the main road and follow until you see the beach!!
- "Do you have electricity points for charging phones?"
Yes, phones and mobile devices can be charged in the shop for a cost of £1 per charge.
- "What are the local Pubs in the area?"
If you fancy a drink and a bite to eat after an exciting day out then visit the local village of Langton Matravers, where you can sample the local ales and hospitality of the Kings Arms, Scott Arms, or the Square and Compass public houses.
- "Where is the nearest beach?"
Swanage or Studland Beach are both around a 10 minute drive.
- "Do you have a local Taxi number?"
Excel Taxis - 01929 480655
- "Do you hire camping equipment?"
We do not hire equipment but we have a full stocked shop for all your camping essentials.
- "Do you sell camping Gas?"
We are a Calor gas wholesaler and carry a wide variety of camping gas.
- "What are the shop's opening hours?"
The official shop opening times are 9 till 10am and 5 till 6pm.However the shop remains open for longer hours during busy weekends and summer holidays.
- "Can we freeze our ice packs?"
We do not offer this service however, you can hire ice packs from the shop. Please see about us page for current prices.